Our client is a multi-disciplinary design studio, they cover the heritage, culture, sports and commercial sectors. The specialise in Exhibitions, Museums, Visitor Attractions and interior spaces.
As a result of some recent high profile client wins, they’re now looking for an experienced Design Studio Manager, to join their talented team. The right person will be hands-on and willing to get stuck in. In this role, every day can be different, you’ll manage the day-to-day operations of the design studio, from resourcing projects, client meetings and design management.
They’re a great company to work for, offering a collaborative working environment, where success is recognised and rewarded, along with a competitive salary, support, and social events. There is scope for some flexible working.
- Take responsibility for the management of individual design projects, including taking briefs, keeping clients up to date and project managing the creative development, from concept to delivery
- Leading the weekly project team catch-up, maintaining the live design studio resource schedule
- Ensure projects meet deadlines, budgets and resources efficiently
- Assist with general studio management (holidays, sick leave etc), supporting with admin when required, including the design studio calendar
- Drive and implement effective systems and processes within the studio, to further improve efficiency and profitability
- Archive core project information on the shared storage platform, ensuring data protection obligations are me
- Support the Marketing and PR Officer with general design studio marketing, providing information for the website and social media
- Support with finding new business, tendering / pitching and interviews, where required
- Mentor the design team and organise the on-going training of team members
- Management and review of studio policy documents, suppliers and all stocks needed
- Encourage and drive a positive company culture
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience running a fast-paced design studio and managing a team of talented designers
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to effectively manage and mentor people, delegating projects and co-ordinating workflow
- Able to prepare and maintain programmes, schedules and budgets
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Positive and passionate about what you do
- Experienced in managing clients and relationships, able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proficiency in MS Office, InDesign and Photoshop, other design packages would be advantageous
- Experience in Exhibition, museum or interior design project management